Urban planning
General Information

Building permit

The urban planning department of the MRC de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau ensures the harmonious development of the municipality in compliance with the regulations in force.

Issuance of permits

Intervening in any request for construction, renovation, demolition or expansion of a building, the town planning department issues permits in accordance with the Municipality's by-laws.

What work requires a permit?

All construction, expansion and demolition work on the following buildings requires a permit from the Municipality:

  • Residential building (single-family, two-family residence, housing, condominiums);
  • Additional building (shed, garage, outdoor toilet);
  • Agricultural building;
  • Commercial building;
  • Industrial building

Furthermore, building renovation projects (roof, gallery, patio, interior renovation) and installation of signs, in-ground and above-ground swimming pools, spas, fences, gazebos, hedges, septic systems, wells, etc. also require a renovation or construction permit.

Additional Information

For any information regarding municipal regulations you must contact the municipal planning inspector delegated to our municipality:

Jean-Francois Patry, Urban Planning Inspector
819-422-3528, ext. 103